beyond the campus borders
University Security Services wants you to stay safe as you experience all that Rochester has to offer. Please take a moment to review these safety tips...and enjoy Rochester every day.
Safety Tips YOU
- Stay aware of your surroundings. Keep alert to the activity around you.
- Know how to summon help in an emergency...on or off campus.
- Learn some facts about the place you are visiting...before you go.
- Travel in Groups whenever possible. There is strength in numbers.
- Walk with a purpose. Look confident and keep your head up.
- Make eye contact with others as you pass them.
- Carry only the cash or bank cards that you really need.
- Tell a friend or roommate where you will be, and when you expect to return.
- When travelling by car, park in well lighted areas close to your destination.
- Watch for strangers loitering in parking lots and other areas around your destination.
- Use well lighted, well travelled routes or pathways.
- If you're followed, go to a public place and ask for help.
- Carry some emergency money (phone call, cab ride). Keep it separate from your purse/wallet.
- Don't leave personal belongings unattended...even for a moment.
- Remember to buckle up, and please, don't drink and drive!
- Report all crimes or suspicious activity. When away from campus, call the police at911.
We would like to hear from you. If you wish to express a concern or comment about University Security Services, here's how to reach us:
- River Campus and Eastman, Dana Perrin, Assistant Director, x3-5200
- Medical Center, Lorraine McTarnaghan, Assistant Director, x5-3437
- Main Administrative Offices, 612 Wilson Blvd., Walter Mauldin, Director, x5-3340
- For Immediate Assistance, 24 hours a day, OnDuty Supervisor, x5-3333
You may also complete a Feedback Form, which is also available at the Office of the Dean of Students, the Student Activities Office, Residential Life Main Office and at any Security Office.
REMEMBER . . . WHILE AT THE UNIVERSITY
Dial 13 in any emergency
Dial 53333 for any non-emergency
Pick up a BLUE LIGHT EMERGENCY PHONE,
or Dial #413 from AT&T or Verizon cell phones
For off campus emergencies
(Police, Fire, Medical)
while visiting the sights and sounds around town
"HELP US HELP YOU"
Click here to e-mail us
Maintained by University Security Services